Hey Doc: Horse breeding Tips for breeding your mare
In this Hey Doc tutorial Dr Leigh speaks with guest, specialist equine reproduction vet Dr Simon Robinson from Victorian Equine Group, all about horse breeding tips for breeding your mare.
Many of us would love to breed a foal so if this is you, take a listen and learn what you need to prepare to have a successful outcome.
Learn more about:
- What you need to consider prior to breeding your mare
- Artificial insemination or natural cover
- Age of mare
- Whether to use lights
- Money, time and facilities
- What is involved when breeding your mare
- Pre-breeding examination
- Scanning your mare
- Post-ovulation tests
- Pregnancy tests
- What are the main problems that you might encounter when you breed your mare
- Fluid and infection
I hope you enjoy this tutorial. As always if you have any questions, please pop them down below and we will answer them.